A Bassett Healthcare Network School-Based Health Center (SBHC) is a medical office location in the school building that is a partnership between a school district and the Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital. Bassett SBHCs provide high quality comprehensive and preventative medical, mental health and dental care to students in pre-k through 12th grade at the school. SBHCs can be a families' primary care practitioner and/or can work with your primary care practitioner in caring for your child. Participation in the SBHC program is voluntary. Only students who have been enrolled in the program by their parents will be able to receive these services.
Health Zone Phone Number: 607-965-6930
ECS Health Zone Hours (on days school is in session)
Monday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
ECS School-Based Health Center Team
DENISE DYE, FNP
GLORIA ROBINSON, LPN
HOLLY BENNETT, AOA
Mental Health Counselor
What services do School-Based Health Centers Provide?
The purpose of the SBHC is to provide easy access to quality health care for kids in school. Services Include:
- Complete physical exams (may be used for athletic eligibility, NYS mandated school physicals, camp, college, working papers).
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute (sore throats) and chronic (asthma, diabetes) illnesses
- Health Education
- Referral for emergency and medical specialist care
- Health screening (vision, hearing, scoliosis)
- Reproductive health care (includes reproductive health education, prescribing contraceptives and treatment of STDs)
- Oral screening and dental referrals
- First Aid
- Mental health screening and referrals
- Mental health counseling
- Child Health Plus information and enrollment assistance